maxthedog
antispam: 6

Mark Studio 2 Release

Postby maxthedog » Thu May 31, 2012 4:11 am

maxthedog

Re: Mark Studio 2 Release

Postby maxthedog » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:56 am

Downloaded and installed Mark Studio II.

I've given it only a cursory view so far - my first impression is that while Overloud has addressed several obvious issues that any Mark Studio 1 owners might have brought up in the Overloud survey, they have deliberately chosen to keep it a distinct product from TH2.

This is a bit of a frustration for a computer programmer who plays both bass and guitar.

I would have preferred to have seen the Mark Studio amps and cabinets rolled into TH2.

Not only is Mark Studio lacking the functionality of TH2, but that Overloud thinks that creating an artificial boundary between guitar and bass amplification is acceptable or desirable is disappointing.

michalkaszczyszyn

Postby michalkaszczyszyn » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:13 pm

I would also very much like it if Mark Studio 2 was a part of TH2, perhaps as an addon. That would be very convenient.

Now it's a seperate product and I like just playing through it, but I would really love it if there was a master level knob somewhere!

Tuner - it's a joke, really. It goes mad when I'm trying to tune the B string of a 5-string bass. I like the tone, but the tuner is a basic feature that I expect to work flawlessly. In TH2 i have similar problems with tuning a 7-string guitar and also with setting intonation.

I'm sure these issues will be addressed and I hope that will happen soon, because both TH2 and Mark Studio have quite a potential.

Regards

volume

Postby volume » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:41 am

"I would have preferred to have seen the Mark Studio amps and cabinets rolled into TH2."

I dont think this will happen because Mark studio is a licensed product, although i guess fender and ampeg are now part of amplitube 3, so maybe there is hope.

In regards to tuning, ive not had any problem with either mark studio or th2, both will happily tune both my guitar and bass down to B. Although i've noticed that the tuner does go a bit wacky in th2 if the input level is high (when i forget to switch the input gain back from bass levels to guitar levels)

Return to “Overloud Mark Studio 1”