VAR volume very low in cubase

All kind of problems should be placed here
Pumba298
antispam: 6

VAR volume very low in cubase

Postby Pumba298 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:43 am

Hey all,

I use the Vintage Amp Room as my only sim almost and love it, but the problem I have is that the output volume of VAR is very low compared to other sims, I tried the +18Db boost on my line6 GX, but that ruins my guitar sound. SO does anyone know how to boost just the volume level of VAR in Cubase sx3?

Best regards,

Jan

Flaming
antispam: 0

Re: VAR volume very low in cubase

Postby Flaming » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:27 pm

When I tried VAR and MAR I noticed the same thing. Very low output volume from the plug ins compared to any other amp sim and they don't have a volume output knob! That's unbelievable! And that was a no-buy for me!

drawnacrol

Postby drawnacrol » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:54 pm

For the price of this software it really has some major flaws like no volume control or save/preset import function.

From the Manual:
The “supernormalize” feature makes sure that the output signal from Amp Room always 
has a reasonable volume. From a user perspective, this primarily means that the output 
never exceeds 0 dB and you don't have to fiddle with tons of output volume knobs. And 
even with low settings on the gain knob the output volume will be within a reasonable level 
and ready for digital recordings. Compare this to the real amp, which easily can have a 
dynamic range of 100 dB. From a technical perspective, this means that the signal path 
within Amp Room always has the highest dynamic range possible, and you won't lose any 
bits on the way.

As practical as it sounds and it is probably to thank for the incredible tone this plug-in offers it still is really annoying when trying to record to a backing track that you made at what you taught was at a normal volume. For Metal Amp Room you can use a tubescreamer to raise the volume to a suitable level or turn all the other instruments down into the minus DB.

professortweed

Postby professortweed » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:18 pm

Don't have this problem in Reaper but a workaround might be to download sonalksis free g and put it after VAR, using it to raise the output volume. It also seems to be the case that a low input signal is needed going into VAR, between -20 and -15.

zerocrossing

Postby zerocrossing » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:45 am

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm finding this is keeping me from using VAR and even MAR. Has anyone contacted them about this? I just did but I was wondering if anyone had a decent work around in the mean time.

TheCityBeef

Postby TheCityBeef » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:39 pm

Old thread but this might help some people that are new to the mixing world.

Volume is always low in the mixing stage for everything. A compressor or limter is used to bring volume up to normal levels.

This is normally done in the Mastering stage.

It is a 2 step process with Daws. You mix first then master to bring to commercial levels.

Return to “Support”