Switch Presets with PC Keyboard?

All kind of IK products problems should be placed here
chester93

Switch Presets with PC Keyboard?

Postby chester93 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:53 pm

Can I switch presets in Amplitube 2 with my PC keyboard like in Guitar Rig?? Please have some idea how can i do it?? Thanks for reply! :wink:

chester93

Re: Switch Presets with PC Keyboard?

Postby chester93 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:22 pm

any idea?? please help :cry:

McLowery
antispam: 0

Postby McLowery » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:38 am

This is one of the biggest issues I have with AT2!! No external controllers, except the mouse, at all as far as I have been able to find. IK Multimedia wants to froce people to by the Stomp IO (proprietary over priced floor unit) and the Amplitube that comes with it is fundamentally different to allow the external controller. I can't believe there is no keyboard control and it pissed me off. LOL

Nikko

Postby Nikko » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:49 am

chester, I don't believe it's possible.... :cry:
Nikko

chester93

Postby chester93 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:00 pm

:( :( that's very bad..Stomp IO cost about 1000 dollars and it's so much for me...maybe with new program Amplitube X-Gear we can do more...

chester93

Postby chester93 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:57 pm

yeah...finally...I can switch presets in amplitube by my pc keyboard...i´m using macro recorder..i record mouse and then i play it from hot key on my pc keyboard....it's working :D

Horeb

Postby Horeb » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:31 pm

You can control amplitube 2 with an external gear like the FCB1010, in my case i control amplitube with my tonelab se !

Im using Chainer to assign the "CC" or you can do it by Cubase !

mojah

Postby mojah » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:57 am

I got chainer too hoping to turn the fx's on and off within a preset...

I can turn them on using a cc# but not back off :(

Switching presets is possible...

So I guess I'm waiting for X-Gear... I'm beginning to think it's vapor ware..

Any news on that???

P

rjong999

Postby rjong999 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:51 am

Hi guys, how do you change presets in AT2 ? I can only get my midi pedal to do preset up and down, not "play preset 22"...
Gibson, Fender, PRS, Ibanez, Jackson, Mesa, Soldano, Marshall, Bogner, Fender, Yamaha, Peavey, Bugera, Kitty Hawk, G-System, GT8, G2U and racks full of other stuff
Looking for the best possible LIVE PC-based Amp Modelling, today I think it is Guitar Rig 3

play4less

Postby play4less » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:53 pm

I don't know in Amplitube 2 since I use it through the Amplitube X Gear. I've been switching presets up & down. There's also other keys that are recognized for few operations trhough the MIDI button on the top right of the screen, like turning on/ off effercts. Just click it and choose the operation to be assigned, then try a few keys on the keyboard to check wich ones are recognized. For sure it recognizes the arrow keys & some numbers, as well as some letters, but the mayor problem I'm having is assigning them to other operations. So far seems limited. I haven't figure out how to assign presets to any key, but as soon as I find out I'll share it here. Hope info was helpful & if any of you guys figure it out please share it too. :evil: ROCK ON :evil:
Last edited by play4less on Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chrisdodge

Postby chrisdodge » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:34 pm

Once again, you should try "Plogue Bidule" ... In its standalone version, this is a VST host which allows doing every strange thing you want. In your case, you can intercept key strokes and transforming them into either program change MIDI message (for preset switching) or to CC MIDI message (to control STOMP on/off).

With this stuff, I use my PC as a multifx (controlled by a MIDI foot controller) switching, between TH1, amplitube and a set of VST chains (loaded by free amp sim like lepou, TSE or inigite stuffs).

Really, check my others posts about plogue bidule here on this forum, and try it ...

dizzy
antispam: 6

Postby dizzy » Mon May 07, 2012 1:33 pm

There is a guide here how to do it in Amplitube 3:
http://www.guitarampmodeling.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=16194

Return to “Support”