antispam: 6

Re: Let me be the first to junk this forum

Postby GonWild » Thu May 06, 2010 6:16 am

this thread is funny! :D

Richardardrey

Postby Richardardrey » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:52 am

Apefist's hallucinogenic post might be the best of it's type I've seen yet. I'm savin' that.
"I'm tryin' real hard..."

chikaij

Re:

Postby chikaij » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:51 am

ARIBAI wrote:well I listen to various types of music when I try to create, for example

when you are listening to something you DONT often listen to... one tend to complete the song on its own....

so listen to something good but not TOO familiar... cut the song halfway and imagine how it continues in your head (the variations are endless) and you get to be "located" in a kinda sense of harmonic state (i hope im not babbling)

that strange song to get inspiration-from, works even better when is not the usual GENRE you listen to.

i can get inspiration for a metal riff even from a folk tune... try it![

goes for me to know exatly what youre talking about

HitoV

Postby HitoV » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:10 am

hahaha, you guys are a crafty bunch!!! Some great suggestions, I'll have to try some out :D

One of the thing I have found that works well for me is to sing out a whole song from beginning to end without recording instruments or learning a thing. Of course you should be recording your voice with a phone or MP3 player or something of the like. It could take an hour it could take a week... just don't touch an instrument! I normally will record part of it one day then the next I will record a few more transitions and before you know it you have a full fledged cohesive song.

When I play an instrument I have tendencies that I tend to fall back on subconsciously. Comfortable licks on guitar, comfortable key signatures to play on keyboard, comfortable chord progressions... etc etc. This throws those completely out the window. Also, I personally have a very hard time with transitions and this helps drastically. Give it a shot! Let me know if its helpful or if I just wasted your time! :p

mastermindjacquard

Postby mastermindjacquard » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:29 pm

2 Blondes, a brunette , and a bundle.............

joke

strangedogs
antispam: 0

Postby strangedogs » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:00 pm

I'm getting old... now listening to Roy Orbison and Otis Redding. Great to JAM with and they were truly masters of "feeling".
"well boys there's 1 more thing you're gonna need to make it in Rock & Roll besides all those Guitars and Amps and Drums and stuff - it's called A SONG..."

NekroMachine
Location: Where Appearing Like A Caveman Gets Me Nothing But Funny Looks

Postby NekroMachine » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:35 am

Some sound advice and tips, Cheers and must try some of them, Except most of the drug induced variations as I am on quite heavy dosages of medication from my bonesaw, Still it never has stopped me, As most are slow down or downer types it can help having a few grams of speed and nose candy to get my mind/body more stimulated. Something I never thought I would end up treasuring so much is my old, battered Alesis SR-16, Simply because of the plain amazingly good ROMPler drum software tools available (I'm a toontrack and drumagog man mostly) but as already mentioned shutting off the audio machine to stop me getting tempted to open distractions or start going into anal drum track programming for example! So with whichever setup Im using even if its my beaten and cheap yamaha acoustic that little SR-16 is mint for having some rhythm to jam to or go against along with a Zoom H2N handy recorder it is perhaps when I have hit upon some of my better ideas to start a track upon. I am unable to do the naked thing as I live in a house with too many people to have any real privacy unless I'm in the bathroom where I systematically crack out many a onesome with my palm if my girlfriend is not over and/or my two children are out
Currently Setup Out Of Many I Am Digging: Guitar/Pickups: Ibanez Iron Label RGIB6-BK 28 Inch Scale-Length, EMG85 at the bridge & EMG60 at the neck, Running on 18v (Tuned F/C/F/Bb/D/G). Pedal(s): Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor > Maxon Nine Series ST-9 Pro+ Super Tube Overdrive (In the NS-2's Loop) > Radial Tonebone Twin-City Active ABY Switcher. Running into a smallish scale dual amp head and cab setup consisting of a Blackstar HT5-H into a Zilla Cabs 2x12 oversized "Fatboy" cab fitted with Celestion Vintage 30's. Then a Laney IronHeart Studio rack mount head into a Marshall 1960B cab fitted with Celestion G12100K's bottom + a pair of Seventy80's up top. Using The 1 watt input on the IronHeart Studio and balancing the level against the HT5-H = plenty of variation. Another combination of many I've been digging recently. Best To All as always

Hellraezer

Postby Hellraezer » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:37 pm

Here's how to write a hit song:
1. Listen to your favorite song.
2. Copy that song (Chord sequence, length of each section, Key and Tempo).
3. Change the tempo, Key, and chord sequence until it no longer sounds like the song you stole it from.
4. Remember, Good Artists borrow, Great Artists steal.

Hellraezer

Postby Hellraezer » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:43 pm

NekroMachine wrote:I am on quite heavy dosages of medication from my bonesaw, Still it never has stopped me, it can help having a few grams of speed and nose candy to get my mind/body more stimulated. I live in a house with my two children

Obviously you are an idiot and have real issues, and maybe, just maybe you should get some help there bucko.
Dumbass.

NekroMachine
Location: Where Appearing Like A Caveman Gets Me Nothing But Funny Looks

Postby NekroMachine » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:22 am

Hellraezer wrote:
NekroMachine wrote:I am on quite heavy dosages of medication from my bonesaw, Still it never has stopped me, it can help having a few grams of speed and nose candy to get my mind/body more stimulated. I live in a house with my two children

Obviously you are an idiot and have real issues, and maybe, just maybe you should get some help there bucko.
Dumbass.

Let's hear some of your work then, I'm really interested in hearing what you have done in the form of music, your playing style...etc.
Here are a few links to a fraction of this idiot with real issues and ought to be get some form of help along with being a dumbass according to you. Now I don't myself very seriously nor life as it's way too short as is it, I do enjoy playing and creating music along with always keeping my ear's open for other people's work, So in that regard and good spirt have a listen:

Something from a good while ago - https://www.dropbox.com/s/28cgg0hp40ggz ... m.rar?dl=0
Something much newer - https://www.dropbox.com/s/x91go5t98ec5e ... d.rar?dl=0

In good faith I am looking forwards to you taking the time to listen to just a tiny fraction of my stuff as linked above and as I stated also; I'm really looking forward to hearing some of your own stuff bucko.

All the best

Dean Nekro aka Dumbass
Currently Setup Out Of Many I Am Digging: Guitar/Pickups: Ibanez Iron Label RGIB6-BK 28 Inch Scale-Length, EMG85 at the bridge & EMG60 at the neck, Running on 18v (Tuned F/C/F/Bb/D/G). Pedal(s): Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor > Maxon Nine Series ST-9 Pro+ Super Tube Overdrive (In the NS-2's Loop) > Radial Tonebone Twin-City Active ABY Switcher. Running into a smallish scale dual amp head and cab setup consisting of a Blackstar HT5-H into a Zilla Cabs 2x12 oversized "Fatboy" cab fitted with Celestion Vintage 30's. Then a Laney IronHeart Studio rack mount head into a Marshall 1960B cab fitted with Celestion G12100K's bottom + a pair of Seventy80's up top. Using The 1 watt input on the IronHeart Studio and balancing the level against the HT5-H = plenty of variation. Another combination of many I've been digging recently. Best To All as always

Return to “Composing techniques”